Any idea what this is pls

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Raws69

Reaction score
Hi new tank being set up, about 2 weeks into cycle, just noticed this appearing on the grass. Have had a few unwanted snails from some donated moss, otherwise all plants purchased were those in little containers. Anyone recognise this?
cheers

Attachments

• 156F72AD-293B-41F7-B0BD-A136BAD43177.jpeg
    156F72AD-293B-41F7-B0BD-A136BAD43177.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 72
are they actually attached to the plant or do they move around?

Looks like some fungus or biofilm, do you have wood in there?

Attached to some of the grass only. Yes there is a small piece of wood in the tank..

Hi. This appears to be spreading would appreciate Some help. Cheers

Hi. This appears to be spreading would appreciate Some help. Cheers
Can you post some more photos of the whole tank please? It's hard to guess when we can only see a snapshot of a little bit. Take a bunch of different photos - a whole tank shot, picture of the wood pieces, any of this stuff.

Try lifting a bit out, does it come away easily? Break up? Feel slimy?

Hi here you go. Full tank shot, one of the wood piece and one showing the white stuff in the front right of the tank. It does break away very easily making it hard to remove. More wispy than slimy but not a lot of substance to it to really tell.

Attachments

• FB9D0688-A249-4959-9711-A429DFFFC2F0.jpeg
    FB9D0688-A249-4959-9711-A429DFFFC2F0.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 48E285B6-759C-4D28-8336-A286FFA9A4A0.jpeg
    48E285B6-759C-4D28-8336-A286FFA9A4A0.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 44
Hi here you go. Full tank shot, one of the wood piece and one showing the white stuff in the front right of the tank. It does break away very easily making it hard to remove. More wispy than slimy but not a lot of substance to it to really tell.
Lovely looking tank!

The plants that arrived in pots, did you wash off the jelly that they were grown in before planting?

biofilm and algae are super normal to have in a new set up though, so I wouldn't be alarmed. Just syphon out what you can :)

No didn’t wash off the jelly thought this would help with the rooting. I’ll keep an eye on it and remove what I can. Will be getting some cherry shrimp soon as the start of the cleanup crew.

cheers

No didn’t wash off the jelly thought this would help with the rooting. I’ll keep an eye on it and remove what I can. Will be getting some cherry shrimp soon as the start of the cleanup crew.

cheers
Ah, might be the jelly then! Especially since it seems to be concentrated around those plants that are often grown in that that jelly. At least you know it's harmless :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back