Any Idea What These Are?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nightguppies

Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/5q9cSt9.jpg
On the left, midway down the driftwood.

They look like teeny white/transparent sacks and they are attached to the glass by a little thread. (The longer threads are just moving bubbles)
The picture has the largest cluster of them but they are otherwise pretty evenly distributed over every side

I'm in the middle of a fishless cycle right now but I do have live plants in the tank and I've been throwing a lot of nutrients/light in.

I'm just curious about what the heck these things are and would appreciate anybody's input on this!

Maybe some sort of eggs? Sometimes snails and insects come in with live plants. Maybe thats what happened to you?

looks like hydras to me. hydra can harm your fish fry to some point and even kill them

DerpPH said:
looks like hydras to me. hydra can harm your fish fry to some point and even kill them
+1 just googled hydra and it looks exactly like your picture. I read that salt can kill tem but they also sell medication that gets rid of them.

Thanks guys! They do look like hydras. Since I don't have any fish in the tank I think that I'm gonna let them do their thing for now.
I read that fenbendazole will kill them off really easily so I'll just use that if they become a nuisance.
It's sorta cool having teeny freshwater anemones in the tank!

nightguppies said:
Thanks guys! They do look like hydras. Since I don't have any fish in the tank I think that I'm gonna let them do their thing for now.
I read that fenbendazole will kill them off really easily so I'll just use that if they become a nuisance.
It's sorta cool having teeny freshwater anemones in the tank!
Well, thats a very positive way to look at it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back