Any good small cheap wave makers?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Know of any good ones that are cheap and small? It’s for a 29 gallon tank where I need the co2 to get spread throughout the tank. Need a small one that’s cheap.

If you check out Ebay there are a lot of them for around 10.00 and made in China. I can not say how good they are but they are cheap and small.

If you check out Ebay there are a lot of them for around 10.00 and made in China. I can not say how good they are but they are cheap and small.
There are some on amazon that are around the same price so I might get one of those. A power head is the same price and would that be better?

There are some on amazon that are around the same price so I might get one of those. A power head is the same price and would that be better?
I have not used the new powerheads that are out there but they look like almost the same thing

There are some on amazon that are around the same price so I might get one of those. A power head is the same price
I have not used the new powerheads that are out there but they look like almost the same thing
don’t power heads filter too?

I always use two hang on the back filters one on each end of my tank this way im sure to get water that circulates all around my tank delivering nutrients throughout. If you do get a wave maker or power head make sure its an under water one as surface disruption will decrease available CO2 which is also one of the draw back of a HOB filter as the output will disrupt the water. Or one could use two sponge filters one on either side as sponge filters dont disrupt surface as much as HOB filters which is why theyre prefered by most grow tankers.

I always use two hang on the back filters one on each end of my tank this way im sure to get water that circulates all around my tank delivering nutrients throughout. If you do get a wave maker or power head make sure its an under water one as surface disruption will decrease available CO2 which is also one of the draw back of a HOB filter as the output will disrupt the water. Or one could use two sponge filters one on either side as sponge filters dont disrupt surface as much as HOB filters which is why theyre prefered by most grow tankers.
If I get a power head, where should I position it?

So under the diffuser?
Id put it over the diffuser so it pushes the bubbles throughout, but its not an exact science or at least not one im a pro in. Might have to play with it a bit to see what works for you and your tank. As long as its under the water line so it doesnt disrupt the surface and on the opposite side of the filter you should be golden

Id put it over the diffuser so it pushes the bubbles throughout, but its not an exact science or at least not one im a pro in. Might have to play with it a bit to see what works for you and your tank. As long as its under the water line so it doesnt disrupt the surface and on the opposite side of the filter you should be golden
Ok thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back