Any Fellow Divers?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Puffer_Nat

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there isn't already a diving thread on here, thought it would be a popular hobby among members here (maybe there is and I missed it?)

So any fellow divers out there? Thought it might be nice to have a thread for general diving chit chat (if there's already one going could someone point me in the right direction please?)

Don't recall seeing a diving thread. I suspect there are several of us who dive, although I'm only really a fair weather diver.

Oh good, glad it's not just me being rubbish at finding threads! 

Can't really blame people for being fair weather divers in the UK, freezing cold water isn't so enticing I guess! Where abouts have you dived, anywhere exciting? Most of my dives in the UK have been training so nothing too thrilling but hoping that will change fairly soon. Managed to get a few warm water dives in though in the past year or so and hopefully many more to come

Great barrier, Maldives, Red Sea, and Somerset (yes I know it's a land locked county, it has quarries).

The weather is somewhat offputting in the UK. Although I nearly dived Cornwall in some fabulous weather but went down with a really nasty cold overnight.

Ah nice, I'd love to dive the GBR (hopefully will be doing later this year). All my UK dives have been in quarries/lakes too, they're not so bad. Would be nice to do some UK sea dives though, should have all my own kit sorted in the next couple of months though so hopefully it won't be too long :D

I love diving into the shores of lake Ontario, great stuff down there if you can withstand the cold temps. even in the summer.Though never made a threat about it...

I'm definitely a fair weather diver too... I learnt how to dive (and sail) out in the Arabian Gulf.  That was a far cry from drysuits required in the UK.

Alas, a young family also means time is at a premium, so I haven't done any diving for about 5 years now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back