Anubias species?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Yohance1130

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, I purchased this Anubias plant last weekend at PetSmart. I was wondering what exact species or variety of Anubias this is so that I can meet its exact requirements :) Don't mind the blue gravel it was my first tank
IMG-0144 (1).jpg

Not sure... could it be Anubias Frazeri?

It will need to be attached to a rock or driftwood. Secure using thread, fish wire or Aquarium safe super glue. The rhizome needs to be above the gravel as it draws nutrients from water column. Using Seachem Flourish Comprehensive at half the dose twice weekly will help with growth.

Lanceolata
Nice one, will grow relatively tall over time

With the narrow leaves I would say anubias afzelii, like @AilyNC said it is good to attach it to something but if you just bury the roots and leave the rhizome above the grave you can do that too but I beleive it is better to attach it to something. I have anubias nana mostly and attach it to my tree stumps in my tank. I also use Flourish comp for my plants.

With the narrow leaves I would say anubias afzelii, like @AilyNC said it is good to attach it to something but if you just bury the roots and leave the rhizome above the grave you can do that too but I beleive it is better to attach it to something. I have anubias nana mostly and attach it to my tree stumps in my tank. I also use Flourish comp for my plants.
Ohh ok thanks yea I heard that most anubias do well when attached to a rock or like driftwood, I just never had anything to attach the anubias to. I made sure the rhizome was above the gravel to prevent it from melting. Thanks!

I had mostly different types of ferns in my tetra tank but stated adding anubias. I just bought some anibias nana and replaced several ferns with it. I think the anubias plants look nicer.

Attachments

• GEDC1528.JPG
    GEDC1528.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 165
Yea I think anubias plants look overall nicer than ferns especially anubias nana in my opinion. I was thinking about adding java fern instead of the anubias plant but I ultimately decided to go with the anubias since they are better looking.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back