Anubias flowers…let’s see em!

FishNturt808

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Mine is flowering for the second time. The first time it flowered it was less than spectacular. This time around it’s looking a bit better….in my opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️
4A099E0C-00EF-45BF-8B20-A93BC9224575.jpeg

You should try collecting pollen from different anubias (if you have more than one). It could become a cool project to get more anubias the hard way. Not sure how difficult it actually is, though. Makes me want to try, actually.

Anubias flowers can't be pollinated underwater because the plant doesn't naturally grow underwater

Anubias flowers can't be pollinated underwater because the plant doesn't naturally grow underwater
I thought they only flowered above water. Just goes to show how much I know, and how much I have left to learn. I didn't even think that it would flower underwater. The though of underwater flowers is just kinda weird, and didn't even trigger a double take on the picture.

I've heard else where that anubia in general are not grown under water; yet they are so popularly grown under-water in aquariums. Isn't this an issue (for the plant) long term ?

No flowering plants naturally flower underwater. Flowers are designed to be pollinated by insects. All flowering aquatic plants have flowers that are on or above the surface of the water. Any plant that flowers under water is confused for some reason.

I wish my anubia flowers were red; what lullaby to sing to them to get them to go from white to red.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back