Anti Fluke & Wormer

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Matty24

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, is there an anti fluke/wormer which is shrimp safe an all I have a heavily planted tank i have no chance of catching my shrimp, Lost a couple platys over the last couple months not noticed stringy white poo but they have both died being really skinny but still eating and now 1 of my favourite mollys is also looking skinny so I think I'm going to have to treat my water 🤷‍♂️ don't really want to but I dont think I have a choice I don't think any info or advice is appreciated.

Cheers
Matty

There are two types of worms, flat worms such as tapeworms and round worms such as camallanus worms. Some meds treat both, others treat just one.

eSHa-ndx treats round worms and the product leaflet states "We did not observe any negative effects on crustaceans". This contains levamisole.

eSHa gdex treats fatworms and the leaflet states "We did not observe any negative effects on crustaceans, snails and clams". This contains praziquantel.

NT Labs Anti Fluke & Wormer and Maidenhead Aquatics AquaCare Anti Fluke and Wormer (probably the same product) treats both worms and they say "Warning: This product will kill snails, shrimps and other invertebrates." This contains flubendazole.

There are two types of worms, flat worms such as tapeworms and round worms such as camallanus worms. Some meds treat both, others treat just one.

eSHa-ndx treats round worms and the product leaflet states "We did not observe any negative effects on crustaceans". This contains levamisole.

eSHa gdex treats fatworms and the leaflet states "We did not observe any negative effects on crustaceans, snails and clams". This contains praziquantel.

NT Labs Anti Fluke & Wormer and Maidenhead Aquatics AquaCare Anti Fluke and Wormer (probably the same product) treats both worms and they say "Warning: This product will kill snails, shrimps and other invertebrates." This contains flubendazole.
And this excatly why I'm worried about treating the water, I had a look on Google about different brands nt labs was the first I saw and stated its not shrimp safe.. have you used any products yourself personally? I'd rather go off real people's experiences rather than a brand name etc worse comes to the worst I will see how it goes but I'm sure this molly doesn't have long left hes left the main group now and has took himself off I'm guessing it will be to late by the time I get things sorted anyway

I have not used them personally but I know someone who has used eSHa ndx - though they don't have shrimps.

As previously mentioned I have had a skinny molly for a while now only now been able to get a pic of its poo what action I should take regarding meds if needed. If i have to chase the shrimp to remove them from the take to use meds then i will have to, ive lost 2 in a similar way over the last few months this fish is currently in a shrimp tank on its own and has been for 2 weeks now
20221012_171335.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back