Another video from my fishroom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Great video! Love the fish you put in the video, the killifish were really pretty and great explanations on the fish.

Very nice! The only killifish I've ever kept were plains killis (Fundulus zebrinus), which are a whole different critter. These west African killis are so beautiful. Maybe I'll try a west African pond biotope in my 12 long some day...

Your voice sounds exactly like I would have expected. From now on, that's the voice I'll hear when I read your posts. :lol:

I had a fish once; it hated me so much it left the aquarium.... it didn't look like your fishes. Hopefully they don't hate you as much as mine hated me.

I had a fish once; it hated me so much it left the aquarium.... it didn't look like your fishes. Hopefully they don't hate you as much as mine hated me
Maybe your fish needed more attention. More compliments, and a little listening and responding to what they had to say about water changes. My killies like it when I grow flowers close to the tanks, or prepare something special for them to eat. I give them space, accepting they are independent living creatures I can't control, and let things work out. Sometimes, when the evening lights come on, we sit quietly and I hope they know I appreciate their company. It's the little things that keep us together - respect for shared space and a steady diet of insects for them.
They seem to like hanging around - I have one killie species that I got in 1992, and still have going many generations along. I like them, they like me and life goes on.

Your voice sounds exactly like I would have expected. From now on, that's the voice I'll hear when I read your posts. :lol:
I'm like everyone else. My voice doesn't sound like I expect it to from inside my skull! I don't think anyone speaks with the voice they think they hear.

So you got them down there in Riverton ? Can you still get them ?
When I was a kid in Worland. They aren't around anymore. (the people. I assume the fish still are) There are rumored to be plains killis in Poison Creek that flows into the south side of Boysen Res. They're a nongame fish so I believe it's legal to keep them with a minnow trapping permit.

Sorry for the tread jack, Gary. Yay killifish!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back