Another Stocking Advice Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chrissaysyes

Nereus
Reaction score
Just setup a 4.5gal...it was a fun little DIY project and I need some ideas as far as what to put in it. It will have 2x9w pc lights. Flow right now isnt very intense but there will either be a small powerhead or a canister plumbed into the back...not sure yet. Give me some neat ideas for such a small tank guys :)

wrasse does sound good...anyone have any off the wall ideas. I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping aiptasia nems in there.

Much too small in my opinion for any wrasse. Why not majano anemones? These are quite pretty and tough as nails. Just got a coral in and the rock it was on had about a dozen of them... they now can be found across the tank.

The only reason I say aiptasia is because I already have two in my other tank and I should probably do something with them quick before they spread in there.

4.5 seems small for a lot of fish. Maybe a firefish or some barnacle blennies?

I was thinking of a firefish but wasnt so sure if there would be enough room. The idea of lots of corals and a firefish sounds common but really attractive.

Heh, it'll eat frozen shrimp. Just toss in a live hermit/small snail once a month or two to keep his hunting instincts going :)

Hah I started this thread in hopes that someone would further sway me towards getting a mantis...I shouldve known Ski would do the job :D

Time for lots of reading and research while this puppy cycles. Any ideas as to what type of mantis would do well in a tank of this size?

N Wennerae or G Smithii are really the only two you can get for a tank this size. Wennerae are easy to find from tampabaysaltwater.com ($50 shipped to your door). Smithii are REALLY hard to find here in the States, and often cost the price of your first born child if the seller knows what they have in their hands.

I dont get it, the Wennerae looks the most colorful and attractive to me. Why is the Smithii so expensive? Just because of availability? $50 sounds about perfect though, Thanks Ski :)

Yeah, its cause of availability and there are some Stunning G. Smithii out there. Low supply, high demand = high price ;).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back