Another sponge filter Q

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vti-chris

Reaction score
I have 2 small/mini sponge filters in my small 5G tanks and i can't find a small airstone to fit in there and quite them down a bit.
Are there any other ways apart from airstones that could lower the noise of the bubbling?
I thought of a small piece of foam to break up the large bubbles but haven't tried it.

I have 2 small sponge filters, one each in 10 G tanks. No air stones. No noise from the bubbling either. Is your air pump possibly more powerful than needed?

When I had a sponge filter in a betta's tank I used one of these to control the air flow.

Splitter.JPG

One tap was connected to the filter and the unused tap was opened to bleed air into the room and reduce the flow into the tank. The flow can be adjusted by opening/closing the tap.

I use those small USB air pumps coupled with a potentiometer so i can adjust the air pump speed.

Try put some green fish net over the airline to help break up the big bubbles. You can buy the green netting from anywhere that sells material to make clothing. They sell it as mosquito netting.

Great idea. I have an old fish net i could put some around the airline inside the clear tube of the filter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back