Another question: what do you do with your dead fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
One of the guys at the pet shop used hair spray on his shrimp molts and even some dead fish. He set them up how he wanted them, and then applied several coats of hair spray. I'm not sure how long they lasted but if they are sealed up airtight, they should last a while.
I would expect gut bacteria to win the day eventually and rot them from the inside out.

Put it in my garden, millipedes will eat it and pretty much turning it into fertilizer for my plants

Knock on wood I haven’t needed to yet but I’m probably going to have to toss them because I’m in an apartment.

If small enough, I bury them in my potted plants so that they continue to be a part of something I enjoy every day. If larger, I bury them outside in a peaceful spot. Whether they had a name or not, I like to see them off in a nice way.

Has anyone preserved any of there fish? I have seen a few videos of people doing it with bettas.. I don't know how I feel about it!

I was a member of a rat facebook group on which several other members would freeze their dead pets and take them out once in a while to reminisce. What do you do with your dead fish?
The small fish I catipult into the garden with the long handled net, they make excellent compost. If it's a big fish like koi or large goldie I toss it across my drive into the forest out of my fenced area. They tend to stink and the dogs eat them if in the grden. In the bush the wild pigs and other assorted wildlife fight over them at night. I once saw a leopard cat drag one away in the evening. I get very sad when a favorite fish dies and I miss them but I'm not overly sentimental about the corpse. I always check the gills first if this is a nice bright rosy red I'm always happy (in the circumstances) that there hasn't been some sort of system collapse. A dead fish can be a warning sign that things aren't right. So pragmatism comes before dissapointment. Predators are mostly the cause and also rough spawning.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back