another question on co2

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jive

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have the homemade co2 set up, but at the end where the bubble wand is and the co2 comes out, theres a slimey like milky looking goo that builds up on the wand. i checked to see if any of the liquid was goin into the tubs but its far from it. any ideas what this is? is it bad? the fish seem to be happy and dont seem like anythings wrong. i took it out of the water for now. thanks

I think it's normal when dealing with yeast. You may want to remove it from time to time, because it can clog the tube.

the wand is in the tank, but its makeing my whole tank foggy and milky looking, and the same goo thats on the wand is getting all over the tank, on the glass, my moss my filters. but my plants are the best theve looked lol, i have three two leter bottles with the co2 in them and and a air pump that blows the the co2 into the tank. i think its too much. ive taken the wand out. untill my tank clears up. its a 55 gal. too much co2 ?? the fish are fine though. there happy.

sounds like you added some yeast to the tank.? Also sounds like you overdoseing on the CO2.. you must have close to 1 bubble every 2-3 seconds

ooooo, i have like 20 bubbles goin every 2,3 sec. that what it is then , tooooo much co2. thanks for the info.

Wow, 3 bottles. Ya that's waaayyy too much. I use 2 bottles of 2L each, but everyother bottle everyother 2 weeks to keep a steady pH. If you have 20 or so bubbles, depending on how good your dissolving method is, I'd say your pH is deadly low...

i thought so too. but its pretty good, maybee a little high even. :dunno:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back