Another One For The Experts To Id Please.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ny82

1 Woman Army ;)
Reaction score
Hi again, I got these little guys just wanted to know what they are since they say "punctatus" on the receipt but google shows so many different ones under that name but not the ones I have.

This is the best pic I have you can see the pale pink band round the head.
IMAG1871-1.jpg

IMAG1874-1.jpg

IMAG1873-1.jpg

Thankyou

I have no real idea on what the corys are, sorry. But are those *shell pieces* on the ground in one of those pictures? :crazy: If those are they are going to really hurt your cory!

Yeah they are, I needed to put them in to raise the PH. Should I cover them in gravel? or sand?

Yeah they are, I needed to put them in to raise the PH. Should I cover them in gravel? or sand?

Cories *love* sand, so I would suggest that. And try to see if there are any sharp edges on the shells.

Whats your ph?

I would remove the shells anyway, corys love digging and even if you put sand over the top,they will get harmed whilst digging...

I am not sure what cory's they are either :sad: , really ,limited on cory choices here in Australia :grr: . With the shells I would lay them sharp side down on the glass and then put a good covering of sand over the top (but even that's not ideal because of the risk of anaenrobic bacteria producing dangerous toxins), because cory's are always snuffling around in sand even just putting sand over the top of the jaggered shell shards could still let the cory's get cut by them. You can get "Magic Shells" that are not sharp and slowly disolve that you could add to your tank to alter the pH.

ok. I have rescaped my tank for my corys *feels proud* I will show you a pic once the sandstorm dies down. My backs now officially dead lol I loved that little path I made with the shells but I love my corys more. I took my little spade and dug the shells out, even though they were quite smooth. I think I will put them in a bag? Or see if I can just get normal shells? My PH is a really pale blue I think about 6.8 I know stable PH is better than raising or lowering it. But does nobody know what these little guys are? :( Harlequins-you definitely look like you know your corys-any ideas?

*EDIT* here is my crappy pic!

IMAG1894-1-1.jpg

Theres some white gravel that came out of the black gravel bag but it doesn't look too bad.

Well done for removing the shells :good: looks good :)

Corys could possibly be Corydoras ambiacus?? :unsure:

Well done for removing the shells :good: looks good :)

Corys could possibly be Corydoras ambiacus?? :unsure:
Well I would feel really awful if I injured them my backs still killing lol! Well I have to say you and I make a great team-in my last post I put what I thought the other corys were and you confirmed it and now you are putting what I thought they were but didn't want to type it in case people thought I was being silly but that's exactly what I thought. Ambiacus. On my receipt it says punctatus but I knew they weren't. At first I thought they were the agassizii but they have that distinct line and these ones are just spots.

Not sure what type but I sure do like them! :good:

Thanks they are so cute! They look like they are wearing collars!

Most reactions

Back