Another Newbie

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DIVEPHOTO

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys .. heeeelp .. I have a couple of tropical tanks with community fish .. but i have an AQUA-ONE 418 34litre tank that i hope to make in to a marine/nano tank.
my plans are .. 2 clown fish with a couple of anemonies ?? , a lump of live rock and some white live sand . I do realise from reading other post's that this will probably not be suitable.
i have just ordered a small protien skimmer and wave generator.
I do not want to buy a new tank ( the wife will not let me , she doesn't understand me ??) . so any advice will be greatfully recieved. also can anybody recommend a small cheap internal filter that i could use ..
sorry for rattleing on .. it's my first post

cheers guys :good:

Hi Guys .. heeeelp .. I have a couple of tropical tanks with community fish .. but i have an AQUA-ONE 418 34litre tank that i hope to make in to a marine/nano tank.
my plans are .. 2 clown fish with a couple of anemonies ?? , a lump of live rock and some white live sand . I do realise from reading other post's that this will probably not be suitable.
i have just ordered a small protien skimmer and wave generator.
I do not want to buy a new tank ( the wife will not let me , she doesn't understand me ??) . so any advice will be greatfully recieved. also can anybody recommend a small cheap internal filter that i could use ..
sorry for rattleing on .. it's my first post

cheers guys :good:

Answered above thread :)

:hi: to the salty side of the forum and hobby :good:

Right, lets start with the size of the tank - it is do-able with that size but its very small and you will be able to keep a very limited stock. The only stocking suggestion would be a small goby and shrimp combo, dwarf hermit and a snail along with a lovely zoa or ricordia garden and maybe some xenia or cloves for movement.

You don't need an internal filter as the live rock is your filter.

I'm afraid to say the clowns and anemone are a no-go in a tank this size :sad:

looking forward to watching your plans come to life

Seffie x

Right, lets start with the size of the tank - it is do-able with that size but its very small and you will be able to keep a very limited stock. The only stocking suggestion would be a small goby and shrimp combo, dwarf hermit and a snail along with a lovely zoa or ricordia garden and maybe some xenia or cloves for movement.

Seffie x

Hi Seffie .. Thanks for the info .. not sure what these are .. But will google them .. I have looked at bigger tanks today .. .. but the funds won't stretch that far just now . I hope to get the tank up and running in the next few days .. I may do a photo dairy of my progress ??? Thanks a lot buddy .. :good:

Seffie x

H Seffie.. I have had a quick look on t' internet . NICE .. zoa and live rock was on my list already (didn't know they were called zoa) Gobies range in diff sizes . is there any you can suggust . what about apepermint shrimp and a red stipped shrimp , thanks

Yes, yoiu could have those two shrimp, had another thought as well - you could probably add an assessor if you can find one :good:

Have a look at clown gobies - but if you do buy one, choose a fat one as they are often sold very skinny and never recover

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back