Another new pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
YUP you know me i cant resist these little (and large) critters

Newest addition on the Pleco front is a Clown Pleco about 2" long so i'll let you know how he gets on ;)

Are Clown Plecos all Peckoltias, or a specific species?

I believe that they are a sub species or something like that i'll look it up and let you know tomorrow m8 ;)

reg2k2,

The Clown Pleco is Peckoltia Vittata; also known as the Tiger Banded Pleco.

They are my favorite Pleco's. If you have plenty of driftwood in your tank, and not too much open space between, then you should see plenty of the Clown Pleco.

Yeah, that's what Ive seen the name under mostly.  For years I thought that's what mine was.  (Cuz it was the closest of the two pic's I had at the time :blush:  :p )  But I see so many peeps referring to Clown Plecos, I wondered if it was just being applied to all of 'em.  I think mine's actually a L205.  I really like him.  

Pretty fish. :)   Although it looks more like pictures I've seen of P.pulcher.  But what do I know?  I never heard of the L-no.'s before I came to this site. :p

This looks closest to mine.....ok, I can't figure out the pic thing. Maybe another time. ;)

A correction to my Clown Pleco's listed id........L104 NOT L004

Hope this clears up the fact that i gave the L no for the Angelicus Pleco by mistake :blush:

Damn aliens again.......i tell you theyre everywhere :laugh: :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back