Another Nano Tank For A Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A better snap of Nigel :) He's bounced back from his travels wonderfully!

60616_10152036319696055_1530696656_n.jpg

I'm a little bit miffed with myself today, was too hasty changing Nigel's water in his holding tank and as a result Nige lost a bit of his beautiful tail :(
The tank is halfway through cycling so hopefully he will be able to move into his new home soon!

Aww. I'm sure he'll recover soon. He's a beautiful fish and it's a great tank. The detail on his scales in that first picture of him is absolutely gorgeous.

Nigel moved into his new digs yesterday
smile.png
Spent the whole time trying to kill everything that moved, right down to air bubbles! I think he's decided that the place is so sweet, nobody is going to be allowed to share! He took umbrage to the cherries and killed two of the four, the other two I haven't been able to see to save :( Bad Nigel!

The tail damage
sad.png

1381418_10152076116096055_1351067418_n.jpg

And in his new home. Hopefully I'll work out how to get better lighting for a decent shot soon. I trimmed and replanted some of the blyxa and it looks much nicer now. The rotala melted pretty much from the day I bought it, hopefully the naked stems will bounce back in a few more weeks. The crypt has taken off, no melt at all
smile.png
The gravel siphoning has messed up some of my arrangement, so next water change I will tidy things up.

1379990_10152076126661055_192354306_n.jpg

My current fert regime (it's 25 litres)

weekly
3ml aqua one plant food
1/4 cap flourish trace
10 drops iron

daily/ every two days
smidge of flourish excel

Nigel gets 5-7 pellets of Attison's Betta PRO twce a day; he's very active. Gets a fasting day here and there too.

Beautiful tank, glad Nigel is in his new residence and enjoying it - albeit naughty with the shrimp!

Sounds like a lot of pellets he is having though? Although I'm not particularly familiar with that brand.

Lovely set up :good:

Yeah I thought that, the pellets are tiny though. I'm just keeping an eye on his condition and if he starts to get fat I'll cut them down

Wow, what fab pics!

What camera do you have? Of course it's your skill too :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back