Angels

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dan20rhino

Reaction score
:grin:
Hi this is my first thread on here. Ive currently got 6 Angel fish they are about 2-3inches in size now and im just wanting a bit of information about when they will start to pair off. This is presuming i have a pair. Ive not kept Angels before but ive succesfully bred other chiclids and tetras. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi welcome to the forum. ;)

Size dosent come into half the time. It's just when they are fine together and form partnerships, though females are slapers, they'll take a few males, and males will have males.

There is plenty of ways to identify them as people will say, but half of them are wrong or you can't accually tell. The only real way is when there really old, the mail will develop a bump above the eyes 8)

How long have you had them and is they size including the fins? :)

Hi and welcome to our world.
Your angels should pair of as soon as they feel settled in. I've not exactly bred them so not sure but going by the size they should do soon.

ive had them about three months and yes the size of 3 inches is including the fins. They have grown rapidly since i got them. So will females pair off with different males? I thought females would only pair with a single male?

Angels are funny when it comes to breeding or looking after fish.
Anothe inch and things may start. But when they do you'll need to seperate them ;)

;) Hi dan20, Welcome to the forum. Your angels are a little small for pairing off yet. 2-3 inches excluding the fins is more like it unless their growth has been stunted. Angels I have kept and bred have not been slappers and paired with 1 male only. Don't worry about it, keep feeding a good mixed diet and you will soon know when they pair up as there will be a riot in your tank! Enjoy yourself in the BEST FISH FORUM ON THE NET. :D  Mac.

ok one more question in general are the males bigger in size than the females? I seem to have 2 larger Angels and then 4 others that are slightly smaller. :)

Sexing angels. there are a few diferent ways depending on who you talk to. Davy's mentioned on then there's the old males have a fatter breeding tube, the shape of the fins(although I tend to disagree with that one) etc. I'd say yours may still be a little small to sex yet(unless you see them pairing off ;) ). I know some of the others will want to tell you there ideas so I'll leave some for them. :D

Look at their bodies head on and the females should look fatter and rounder in the belly than the males as they are carrying the eggs :D

Agree with Pete here. It's the only way unless you have a breeding pair, size or fin shape doesn't mean much as there are so many different strains of angel. ;) Mac.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back