angels dieing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
i brought home 5 black angels last friday and they'ved done pretty well but today i noticed 1 dead and another is on it's side looking as if it's about to pop it's clogs.

i'ved added mela fix in a desperate attempt to do some good.

also 1 of the angels has a raised white spot (not ich) i think it may be an ulcer or parastie, i haven'yt done closer inspection yet, i might try to get a picture of it.

Can you post test results in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, what was the ph of the lfs to your tank, could the white spot be a fungal spot.

i'ved tested my wate and it's spot on.

the shops water is about 8 and mines 8.4 i haven't had any troubles in past with PH and i'ved taken home several plecs which wouldbe more sensitive to PH change.

well that ones dead now and i can only count 2 when there should be 3 still left :/

it could be but i haven't had another descent look at that angel since i first spotted it.

How big is the tank, how many fish and what type.

urm you better check out my profile....takes a while to list everything!!!

they'll all be in a 4ft 360litre tank pretty soon though.

after a bit more inspection i think the "white spots" may just be silver scales.

Well I can see why you are having problems to many big fish in there, well overstocked, is their a chance you could take some back to the lfs, as you will start to see alot of fish deaths coming your way uless you take some big fish out of your tank.

I had a feeling a reply like that was coming!!!

All of my fish are still young at the moment apart from the L71 which is fully grown at around 4-5inch. especially the clown loach which i guess caught your eye, i only got them from work about 1month back and itwas a very small batch at about 1-2 inch.

most these fish will be moved into there new 4ft tank in the very near future (2-3 weeks)

then others will stay in that tank to live with my convict pair.

well this morning the other angels are looking OK, 1 of them i notice has a starge arrangement of silver scales on it's side.

Just keep up with water changes while you can get them into the new tank, check your filter your sponges might be messy and they might want a rinse in a bucket of old tank water, with the tank being overstocked.

Yep don't you worry I keep up on maintenence.

thinking about it, 3 of the angels i had were in the black angel tank and 2 of them i took from the assorted tank and all the ass. angels at work are dieing as we had a realy bad batch. I think i'll settle on putting it down to that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back