angels...big or small

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

IKeepAngels

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i'm planning on adding more angels to my tank (50g). it has some tetras,cories, loaches, and 1 adult and juvenile angel. should the angels i add be juvenile, or is it better for me to add an adult?

Any angelfish that you add could get attacked by the big one you currently have. Normally if you want a group of angelfish you add a number of small fish at the same time and let them grow up together.

If you add another adult angelfish and it is the same sex as the big one you currently have, they will probably fight. The safest bet would be to add a group of juveniles that are a similar size to the small one you currently have and monitor the big angelfish for any signs of aggression.

The first issue is the tank size...there is no room for more angelfish. These fish grow to six inches in body length with a vertical fin span of 8 inches. You will likely have enough issues with the two you have depending upon their gender and temperament. Please do not consider any more.

There may be other issues, but we don't know the species and numbers of the loaches, cories, tetras.

Any angelfish that you add could get attacked by the big one you currently have. Normally if you want a group of angelfish you add a number of small fish at the same time and let them grow up together.

If you add another adult angelfish and it is the same sex as the big one you currently have, they will probably fight. The safest bet would be to add a group of juveniles that are a similar size to the small one you currently have and monitor the big angelfish for any signs of aggression.

The first issue is the tank size...there is no room for more angelfish. These fish grow to six inches in body length with a vertical fin span of 8 inches. You will likely have enough issues with the two you have depending upon their gender and temperament. Please do not consider any more.

There may be other issues, but we don't know the species and numbers of the loaches, cories, tetras.
i can tell you, they're very very few. i'll just consider adding one last even if it comes with risks since this is the first time my mom ever liked a type of animal. thank you for reminding me anyway :)

i can tell you, they're very very few. i'll just consider adding one last even if it comes with risks since this is the first time my mom ever liked a type of animal. thank you for reminding me anyway :)

Please do not add another angelfish. Unless you have and get all females, this is not going to work. I do not recommend risking fish. Thank you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back