Angelfish white film on eye

Also, what do you guys recommend temperature for the tank? Itā€™s only the 2 angels. I had it at 84 last week. Seemed a little high so I lowered it to 79 this week.
Closer to seventy-six for Angels, they don't really like warm tanks. Do you know why your tank may have such a low pH? Do you do regular weekly water changes? What is the pH of your source water?

If you want to raise the pH a bit, add some limestone, shells or dead coral rubble to the tank or filter.

75-82F is fine but they will take 84F as well.

The base pH of the tap water looks to be about 6.8. On the chlorine side of things, no matter how much prime I use I canā€™t seem to make it go down. I used almost more than a double dose last night and this is still the chlorine level

Attachments

• 9059F68A-16A5-431B-AF0A-7C380D4A7856.jpeg
    9059F68A-16A5-431B-AF0A-7C380D4A7856.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 37
i feel if your ph is close to 7, which it is, should be ok for angels, definitely check that chlorine.

Just got back pH is at 7. I think my test strips are faulty because it didnā€™t read that. Said my waters great. They donā€™t test for chlorine at the store but he said as long as Iā€™m using prime I should be fine. He told me to put some Fritz 7 in the tank and it should be good. He also said the massive water changes might not be good for angels so Iā€™m a little torn. He also agreed that my fish donā€™t have a disease and all the medicine I was using previously threw off the tank.

Fish don't have a disease?! But yes, some meds will kill not only the bacteria in fish but the beneficial bacteria in your filter. Test kits can make you crazy. I suggest you keep doing what you are doing as far as small water changes for a while and go back to your regular routine once they look better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back