Angelfish type?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jme

Reaction score
I just picked up this new Angelfish. I'm not sure what type it is, but thought it was beautiful. Any ideas?
20211215_195849.jpg

looks
I just picked up this new Angelfish. I'm not sure what type it is, but thought it was beautiful. Any ideas?View attachment 150068
looks like a yellow platinum there are many varieties of angelfish
yours has a cream color it is really cool
if angelfish can create mutts maybe it is a cross between a white one and a yellow platinum and it created this beauty
iu

Reactions: Jme
it's not a pearlscale, they have dimpled scales.

it's either a pale gold angelfish, pale from the white substrate, or a gold platinum. if it was cheap, then it's just a gold

oh ya true
it's not a pearlscale, they have dimpled scales.

it's either a pale gold angelfish, pale from the white substrate, or a gold platinum. if it was cheap, then it's just a gold

This angelfish is a gold. I feel like they aren’t appreciated as much as others because they are plain and often sold pretty cheap. I see them all the time at petsmart. My first mated pair of angels were a marble and a gold. They are very beautiful fish and with the right lighting and diet they really shine.

Golden Angels are always under rated. I had a pair of veiltail goldens that never did much, I gave them to a friend and in her tank they just shined. Goldens I think are a bit like that. The right tank with the right light and they can be magnificent.

Thanks for all your help! I wasn't sure if it was some form of platinum Angel or a golden. It seems to be getting along very well with my koi angel. They have been hanging out since I added the new one. They are the only two in the tank right now.
20211215_195835.jpg
20211216_074112.jpg
20211215_195906.jpg

Reactions: Jme

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back