Angelfish in a 30gallon high

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

TheLoneNerd

Reaction score
I just got a 30 gallon high I am currently cycling it the dimensions are L24”xW12”xH25” and I am wondering since angelfish are a tall fish could I have a pair of angelfish with 8 black skirt tetras and a bristlenose pleco? This is my first tank and I from my research I heard that you can keep a pair of angels in a 20high.
If this would not work could I do a single male dwarf cockatoo cichlid with 8 neon/black skirt tetras and 6 panda corys btw I am using a aqueon quite flow 40 as a filter. And the tank is lightly planted with 3 Amazon swords

From personal experience I would say it would be better to have a longer tank. I have a breeding pair in a 37 gal tank it is only 12" wide and 30" long and I feel they are too cramped. If you plant the tank, which the angels love, there is even less space. I am looking for at least a 48" long tank for my breeding pair. My other angels are in a 48" tank.

I would leave out the Black Skirt/Widow Tetras regardless of the cichlid; this tetra is known to like to fin nip, given the chance, nd the temptation of a cichlid is often too great to resist for such fish. There are many other tetras that would be peaceful with cichilds.

As for the angelfish, Uberhoust has covered it. Angelfish grow to six inches body length with a vertical fin span of 8 inches; that needs serious space.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back