Angelfish Emergency!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

angelfeesh

Reaction score
I've got two angelfish in my tank, a black one and a white one. The black one's smaller and has been less active since i've got them. Yesterday, she was hanging around the bottom of the tank, but still swimming around. I didn't think much of it because she did that a lot when I first got her. She doesn't eat much and usually tends to spit out most of her food. Today, shes been sitting at the bottom of the tank and her fins aren't moving a lot. I initially thought she was dead and when I went to get her, she moved a little. She's just sitting at the bottom floating slightly sideways. The white one is perfectly fine and is swimming around happily. I last did a small water change last week and I added a little methylene blue to the tank. I've also been feeding them less since for a couple of days. She seems fine from appearance, no bloating or marks. I have some plants in the tank and two snails and only the two fish. The filter in the tank had switched off while I wasn't at home yesterday for a couple of hours. Help, what should I do??

You shouldn’t really have added the meth blue without knowing for certain what the problem is. Meth blue is usually for fungal stuff. Personally ide do a 75 percent water change and dose with rock salt (also sold as aquarium salt) to the aquarium. Every day after do this same procedure (75% water change and salt) until you see improvement

You shouldn’t really have added the meth blue without knowing for certain what the problem is. Meth blue is usually for fungal stuff. Personally ide do a 75 percent water change and dose with rock salt (also sold as aquarium salt) to the aquarium. Every day after do this same procedure (75% water change and salt) until you see improvement
Thank you!!, Ill try it out, how much salt would you recommend?

Thank you!!, Ill try it out, how much salt would you recommend?
If you buy the api aquarium salt it will have dosing instructions. Rock salt is about 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons.

Just bear in mind it will probably kill any snails you might have

I would avoid the salt, but go with water changing and observation. He/she may well have been hit by the other angel, and the problem could be aggression related injury.

Salt can help, but angels evolved in a very salt free environment, and it stresses their bodies. It's a tried and true treatment for defined problems, but your fish has something unknown going on. Black angels can be delicate.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back