Angelfish Eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AstonN24vantage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi all. so i went on a trip for a few days and came back today to find mysterious eggs on my filter tube. i imagined that they were angelfish eggs, because they are on a vertical surface. my tank contains 4 mollies, 3 swordtails, 3 angels, 4 corydoras (maybe too?), 1 paradise fish, 2 bristlenoses, 2 killifish. the eggs are white and i see an angel kinda guarding them. should i let them hatch or put them in a breeder box to hatch? do i need to feed them? or will the adults crush up food? thanks for help in advanced, i am very confused!

If they are angels eggs then both male and female will guard the eggs. They will also fan the eggs to keep any debris from settling on then,they will also pick off any non fertile or bad eggs. If they hatch the parents will guard the fry. one they hatch you can crush flake up with fingers so it is small enough for them to eat or you can invest in some liquifry no2.

and if i need to move the eggs, does an angel need to come with them?
out of curiosity, who guards the eggs, the male or female?

I wouldn't move them you obviously have a pair. So both male and female will look after the eggs.

ok. i just hope that means they won't get eaten! i don't need any methelene blue, do i? how do i know which eggs are fertilized and which aren't?
sorry for all the questions but i am very confused. and once again thanks for all the help!

hThis is true,but i found with mine the male would do the most fanning wilst the female patrolled around, maybe they took on different roles,hehe. Can you get pics, when you say ones around them, is it fanning with it fins?
Unless you have tanks for after care id suggest let them get on with it, Usually with angels the first brood isnt a sucsess

there are two angels that are protecting the eggs, and fanning a little. ill get pics.

Sounds like you have a possible breeding pair, but as i say dont get your hopes up yet, if your serious on breeding,id suggest removing everything from tank,let them bring up the eggs to free swimming, then remove adults, its alot of work

no, not serious, i just wanna grow them until i can give them away to my lfs.

Do they look summin like this
angleseggs010.jpg

i'd love to get survivors. they are really beautiful angels and the babies would go for a lot and i assume that now the parents are a proven breeding pair... their worth has gone up too?

Congrats! I hope you get little fighting survivors! :lol: good luck! :good:

Most reactions

Back