Angelfish bullying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bosslady

Reaction score
I have 3 juvenile angelfish, 2 altum and one koi. The koi angel seems to be bullying one of the altum black angelfish. He makes him stay on one side of the tank and if he moves from that place he chases him back to the corner. The koi angel was doing it to the both of them but the other wasn’t having it and left the corner but the black one obeys most of the time and stays in that area. It is a 65 g planted. 2 gouramis 1 blue ram, 4 Cory cat, and bristle nose pleco. All fish are juveniles. Parameters
0 ammonia
0 nitrates
0 nitrites
Ph 7.2
Can someone tell me what is going on and how can I fix it. I feel so sorry for the little guy because I can tell he wants to swim about but the koi won’t let him. He can only swim when I’m feeding them then the koi isn’t thinking about controlling the black one. Please help me help my fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any chance of taking the angelfish back?
I'm afraid that is normal behaviour and the most likely outcome is at least 2 dead fish.

Seangee is correct, this is normal expected behaviour when two, three or four angelfish are put together. Five or more usually allows the aggression (which is natural) to spread out. But this tank is not large enough for five or more angelfish, not to mention the other fish too.

Aww man, I thought I was doing something good because I started out with one and then added two more from the same tank because my angelfish was looking lonely. Thanks I’ll fix it by taking some out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss. :(

With most fish that is their natural behavior, and nothing can be done to fix it. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back