Angelfish are really just plant-shredding devilfish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I re-homed the koi angel in question to my LFS. It wasn’t just the plant eating, that didn't bother me, in fact it was rather interesting to watch. It was more about its behavior with regard to the other fish, the angels and a Bolivian ram in particular. This koi was a Jeckyll and Hyde sort. Usually hiding and then sudden aggression. Maybe the fish wasn’t feeling well and and took it out on the others.

I re-homed the koi angel in question to my LFS. It wasn’t just the plant eating, that didn't bother me, in fact it was rather interesting to watch. It was more about its behavior with regard to the other fish, the angels and a Bolivian ram in particular. This koi was a Jeckyll and Hyde sort. Usually hiding and then sudden aggression. Maybe the fish wasn’t feeling well and and took it out on the others.
Sounds like fear aggression. The fish was stressed by someone in the tank and hid when it could but lashed out and attacked anyone who went near it because it didn't want to be attacked by others.

Sounds like fear aggression. The fish was stressed by someone in the tank and hid when it could but lashed out and attacked anyone who went near it because it didn't want to be attacked by others.
I won’t argue that 🙂

Preemptive attacking is something many humans engage in.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back