angel spawning

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

catfishfan

Reaction score
I finally got two of my angels to pair, but they wont spawn. My feeling is the pH is neutral. Do angels necessarily have to have acidic(6.6+) to spawn and what will be a good temperature?

as close to one as I can tell. I have 5 angels and all of a sudden the past couple of weeks , two of them have "zoned" of about 20 g of water and are not letting any other fish around it. I thought that would be a sure sign to look for eggs on the leaves, so unless they ate them, Im still waiting

All my angels breed in ph 7.6 water. I doubt your ph is a problem, as long as its stable.

First, are you sure you have a proven pair? They have bred before? Together?

If you are SURE you've got a proven pair, just follow a good conditioning schedule. Feed thme twice daily with lots of high protein foods, especially frozen and live foods. I personally rotate my basic staple flake with frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, and mysis shrimp. In adition to this, do frequent water changes; 20% once a week should help get them in the mood. If 2 weeks of this kind of conditioning doesnt do it, try playing with the temp. Drop it down to about 78 for a day or two, then raise it gradually back up to around 86. If that doesnt induce them to spawn, they are hopeless :fun: j/k......good luck with them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back