Angel Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bluesword23516

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I have always liked the look of angel fish, and someone close to me is selling quite a few babies.  I have a 38 gallon tank.  I have a heater, filter and I can put an airstone in there if needed.  The dementions are 12.5x36x20 (WxLxH).  First of all is it tall enough for them? I would get one or two. Which brings me to my next question.
Are they social fish? I would put other fish in with them, but do I have to get another angel? I don't want to end up with a breeding pair because they are siblings. 
Any advice is welcome!

one angel is perfectly fine! The tank dimensions seem great for 1 angel. They do okay with other fish, just stay away from any fish they can fit in their mouth, or any fish that might fin nip. Make sure to cycle your tank first, of course. 

Ok sweet. Do you think mollies would be ok with them? Also I have always wanted a betta in a tank. Would they be fine or would the angels find be too long and look almost betta like? I would try and get a female betta, but no guarantees

I would not put the betta with angelfish.
The angels usually beat them up :(

Betta and an angelfish are a definite no. Mollies on the other hand should be fine!

Ok, what about ghost shrimp.  When I cycle my tank I plan on doing a fishless for a while, then add the ghost shrimp and maybe a snail.  Would that work ok?

Imagine the shrimp will eventually get eaten. A snail and shrimp are not going to really help your cycle and they don't do well in ammonia, the same as fish.

You should cycle the tank with ammonia and follow the article at the top of the page :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back