Angel Fish Questions!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hook. Line & Sinker

Reaction score
If this is in the wrong spot tell me and I'll remove it. :/ I have a 30 gallon tank that currently has, 5 mollies, 6 platies 1 pleco and 11 molly fry(in breeding net) What I wanted to know was if I could put, maybe 2 angel fish in :/ ??? I have salt in the tank, would that affect them?? How do I know if they are paired up??:/ HELP!!

I'm assuming you mean aquarium salt, not marine salt? A pair of Angels will do well in a 30 gallon, but not with the stock you have now. The angels would make your tank over stocked. So you could either take out all the mollies or platies and put a pair of angels in there. But remember to keep on top of the water changes as it would still be pushing the stock limited a bit.
In terms of angels pairing off and breeding; its not hard to breed them but it is hard to sex them, espcially at a young age. Most people have luck when they buy several angels and let them pari off themselves. But if your angels do pair up, you will notice that they hang around each other a lot more and later start to defend a spot in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back