Angel fish problems

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Irishlad123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone got this new angelfish its a strange strain because its sorta see through but it looks like a koi. The issue is with its gills im not sure they look normal but any angelfish i have gotten in the past

Attachments

• 20200906_181126.jpg
    20200906_181126.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200906_181119.jpg
    20200906_181119.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 68
Im not sure it was given to me as a gift it was in assorted angels

Blushing angels have anything from orange to pink and red gills as part of their design.
However, what are you water parameter results like? Is it gasping at the top or acting oddly.

No not gasping for air but staying close to the heater not being very active ammonia 0 nitirite 0 nitrate 5ppm

What size tank, what other fish? What’s the temperature of the tank? Sorry for the 40 questions but it’ll help the more experienced provide advice

Angelfish should be kept in groups, not by themselves and that is most likely why he is acting like that..

As for the gills, does it look like this on both sides? It appears on the photos to look like it is like an open sore but also as Fishbearer9845 said, it looks very similar to the "blushing koi angel fish"

Is it just him that is outside the group? (is he isolating himself). Is he gasping for air? Does his gills look slimy? Has he flashed?

Outside the group no hes been ok for air i dont think they look slimey it just looks like ridges that are a velvety red

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back