Angel Fish Growth Rate?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I know they get to around 12 cm long but I don't know how long it takes. Thats something that I would like to know cos I've got 1 angel.

I'm going to bump this, I'd be interested in the answer, as well. I've read that many cichlids reach ~80% of their final size in about a year, but while my keyholes are pacing about like that, my angelfish are growing quite slowly.

Just wait for Tolak to reply, he is like the angelfish master. But as far as growth rate goes, ti really depends on what size tank, stocking, temp, food, and water changes.

i have two angels and would love to know if theres an average growth rate. i bought both of mine at the same time, about the size of a 50p coin they were, not very old! they are now huge compared to what they were, just 4 months later, with one growing considerably faster than the other?

i have two angels and would love to know if theres an average growth rate. i bought both of mine at the same time, about the size of a 50p coin they were, not very old! they are now huge compared to what they were, just 4 months later, with one growing considerably faster than the other?
bump.

I've had two that have grown approx. 10% in size in about a month. hard to put a number on it. .....

I'm interested in an expert response as well. :)

On average, they are dime body size by 8-10 weeks, nickel by 12-16 weeks. This is generally the smallest size you will see them in shops. They are quarter size anywhere from 4-5 months, half dollar around 6-7 months, around dollar body size at 9-10 months. They continue growing throughout their lives, but it does slow down as they get older.

This is an average. In any spawn you will have a few that are fast growers, and some that grow more slowly. Some phenotypes, such as DD blacks or albinos generally grow more slowly, more hardy ones such as silvers or marbles will grow more quickly. This also is dependent on water quality, temperature, and diet. Throw the quality of breeding in the bloodlines in there as well, and you will see fish at the low end as well as the upper end of the average.

On average, they are dime body size by 8-10 weeks, nickel by 12-16 weeks. This is generally the smallest size you will see them in shops. They are quarter size anywhere from 4-5 months, half dollar around 6-7 months, around dollar body size at 9-10 months. They continue growing throughout their lives, but it does slow down as they get older.

This is an average. In any spawn you will have a few that are fast growers, and some that grow more slowly. Some phenotypes, such as DD blacks or albinos generally grow more slowly, more hardy ones such as silvers or marbles will grow more quickly. This also is dependent on water quality, temperature, and diet. Throw the quality of breeding in the bloodlines in there as well, and you will see fish at the low end as well as the upper end of the average.

Sorry to bring this thread back alive, im from the UK and just bought 2 angelfish that are about a 50p coin sized. I have no idea how large american coins are, so if somebody can compare these sizes to UK coins or inches id be very grateful.

Thanks

Will

US currency coin sizes.
Dime = 18 mm
Nickle = 20 mm
Quarter = 24 mm
Half dollar = 30 mm
Dollar = 39 mm

US currency coin sizes.
Dime = 18 mm
Nickle = 20 mm
Quarter = 24 mm
Half dollar = 30 mm
Dollar = 39 mm

TY, I was going to post something to this effect earlier, but got side tracked doing holiday decorations.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back