Angel fish female or male HELP

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rebecca morris

Reaction score
20191204_201800-jpg.95338
Hi everyone new here,

But I have 3 angel fish and 2 are always together so I thought they was a pair, bit the odd one out keeps going to attack one of the pair which doesn't make sense... I've tried everything to figure out if they're male or female, to try to find out why the odd one keeps attacking one of them.. if some one could possible help I'd appreciate it.

The black and white/orange/black large fish are the pair I'm talking about... and the little silver one is the odd one out...

Tia x
It wont let me add anymore pics, but if someone can help me I can send them via email. Thank you.

Welcome to TFF.

I think there is a photo upload limit for new members (going from memory now). Try re-sizing the photo, maybe. I'm not much use with technical matters. Some members use other sites for photos and link that.

The attacking angelfish is likely a male. You really should not have three together, or four; five is the minimum, except for a bonded male/female pair. Separation may be the only solution to save the fish.

Oh really, I asked at the shop and they said 3 was fine. But thank you anyway.

Welcome to TFF.

I think there is a photo upload limit for new members (going from memory now). Try re-sizing the photo, maybe. I'm not much use with technical matters. Some members use other sites for photos and link that.

The attacking angelfish is likely a male. You really should not have three together, or four; five is the minimum, except for a bonded male/female pair. Separation may be the only solution to save the fish.

Oh really, I asked at the shop and they said 3 was fine. But thank you anyway.

Unfortunately store staff frequently give bad advice, or neglect to tell you what you should know before acquiring the fish. Selling fish seems their only aim.

Not sure. I believe males are more aggressive.. so I’d say - male. But on another note, we will be running a fish of the month contest featuring angelfish. Contest will start around the 12th of December. Hope you enter one if your beautiful angelfish.

Last edited:
Male or Female it's hard to say. Once they pair up they will actively keep other angels away from them or their spot in the tank. Sometimes they merely chase them away. Other times they will aggressively try to hurt them. The only way to really tell sex is once they drop their tubes to start spawning.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back