Angel Fish Eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you plan on keeping all the fry? Angel's sell really good so you know.

That depends on a lot of things. If the market is swamped you won't sell any. If you have the color variety people are looking for at the right time you can sell them by the hundreds.

That's true. It depends though. In the case that you can sell them shoot for Aqua Bid. They have a whole bunch of angel lovers! :D
aquabid.com-great site for selling fish!

Now i have one lone triop which is in a tank, but anyways i want to know if anyone has tried keeping them with small community fish? If so i could move it, and move them in to its tank
Vixen
Just want everyone to know, the singular of 'triops' is 'triops' :p . The word 'triop', does not exist :rolleyes: .
Keeping triops with small community fish CAN work, but only if there is enough food. Triops are scavenging 24 hours a day, and though not evolved to catch fish they seem to be good at it when the fish are sleeping, when it's a type of fish that spends alot of time on the ground or when the triops are exceptionally hungry.

Your species of triops, Triops longicaudatus, should be fine with any fish that are 2 inches+ and dont spends alot of time on the ground. If your going to do it, it would be safer to have some live plants in the tank (they seem to especially like elodea) to keep them occupied during the night - just in case :good: .

Triops are by there nature lazy. If there is sufficient dead food they won't chase down live food with much gusto.

That's true. It depends though. In the case that you can sell them shoot for Aqua Bid. They have a whole bunch of angel lovers! :D
aquabid.com-great site for selling fish!

AquaBid is great if you have a few dozen. If you have spawns that are 250+ the best bet is an auction, or a broker. I was at an auction last week where someone brought in two buckets with 70 nickel to quarter size black angels in each. Brokers rock, if they are selling it's hard to keep up. I sold 100 angels Thursday night, and have another guy coming over tomorrow who will take 50 to 100. That will leave me with around 200, and another 6 weeks before the next spawn is up to size.

Between April & June it drops off here until around September. I've gotten stuck with hundreds of angels before, you need to have room to store them for a couple of months if that happens.

If you learn to read your local market you can make a few bucks, nothing to quit your day job over.

Hey guys, only just had access to the computer. so i wasnt not paying attention.

I have bad news to report, that from all your advice it looks like my eggs are no indeed fertilized! I'm incredibly disappointed but i guess there's always next time.

Also one of the angels in my tank died last 2 nights ago, and im not too sure why, but now i have the last one left.

Im am planning on putting the sick fish in the container i was to hatch my eggs in, so that i can treat them safely.

Thanks alot for your help guys:D

Its just a shame my eggs weren't fertilized ey.

Vixen

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back