Anemones

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

seffieuk

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!
Reaction score
Hi

Are there any anemones or the like that i can stock in my brackish tank. sg will probably be between 1005, 1010 at any one time?

all the best
seffie

Ok, just read the other post on this topic, so i suppose the answer is no - but, hermit crab - could one live in my tank?

I believe someone here has been able to keep blue leg hermits all the way down to .010 sg.

There are many sponges that live in brackish. However, anemones are usually not encountered in brackish. The best way I have found to get marine inverts is to actually go to a local brackish/costal marine area and colect different objects. I found a clingfish in a corona bottle. Hydriods,hermit crabs, sponges, and brittle stars are suitible for your tank, you can collect them yourself. I would be cautious if you buy them.

There are many sponges that live in brackish. However, anemones are usually not encountered in brackish. The best way I have found to get marine inverts is to actually go to a local brackish/costal marine area and colect different objects. I found a clingfish in a corona bottle. Hydriods,hermit crabs, sponges, and brittle stars are suitible for your tank, you can collect them yourself. I would be cautious if you buy them.

wow, really :good: I had never thought of going out and collecting some. Do you have some hints, tips on collecting?

A little note on collecting your own creatures: Unless your live in a warm climate the local stuff won't survive in a tropical tank. Since your located in England the creatures along the tidepools and such are temperate and require a chiller and a thick acrylic insulated aquarium. BUT if you live somewhere like Florida it can be done.

A little note on collecting your own creatures: Unless your live in a warm climate the local stuff won't survive in a tropical tank. Since your located in England the creatures along the tidepools and such are temperate and require a chiller and a thick acrylic insulated aquarium. BUT if you live somewhere like Florida it can be done.

Thanks for that info. doesn't look like i will be out collecting then - not unless global warming goes bonkers! :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back