Anemone Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
the bacteria that filters a tank and keeps it stable doesnt live in the water, you can do a 80% water change on a mature tank and it will still be a mature tank after.

i took 2 filters of my reef aquaium the other day

ph 8.4
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
nitrate 10
salt 1024
phos 0
calcium 420
mg 1260
dkh 9

metal halide lights next
calcium reactor

My signature says it all :crazy:
'Fools learn from experience. Wise men learn from the experience of others'.

Sorry Scott, I really hope it works, having lost my BTA recently, I can say its rather sad, I was lucky I managed to get it out of the tank before it nucked it.

An anemone is a lovely animal that, in the wild can live forever, they deserve the best care you can give them.

well its a new challenge the clowns are ingoring it 1of the anenomes keep opening and closing is that bad i just gave it a bit of krill i am suprised how quick they close up

I fed mine small frozen fish (defrosted of course) they should be fed 2-3 times a week, if they aren't hungrey they won't take the food, or spit it out, then you should remove food from tank straight away.

They will open and close until they find a nice place to stay and are settled, just keep an eye on their mouths, if it starts gaping then you have a problem.

they nems have settled in nicely i got my metal halide lights to day there are now on i also got the calcium reactor
i have always use deltec reactors and i do not know how to set the calcium v2react 1500 and they instructions arent very clear so how do i set it up

thanks scott

So I take it the rocks were already cycled and from a previous set up?? That's good if so and you have a good chance. Taking water from a good existing tank system is a good thing, IMO. It's aged a tid bit and yet still recieves doses of fresh saltwater occassionally. Granted usually only experts can throw a tank together and put in a nem shortly after and have it be just fine.

Good luck...

btw, have any :snap:

you should expect problems with the clowns in due time when the big one's in charge and the rest fight to be second.

can anyone give an ID on the goby picture?

blue spot jaw fish £125 each

also see the clown in the nem i have a lot of haired algea my phosphates are 0 dose the nem eat that also or would you just add a sea hare

Hi ben the acilles tang died of white spot had it for 1year

thanks scott

350 GALLONS.. that's massive!

Love to see an actual pic of your set up & tank etc mate.

Tha's huuge!

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back