Anemone Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scott133

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi every1

as most of you will know my system crashed and i am seting it up as a an anemone aquarium with just all diffrent types of clowns and i will take all the water out from the other systems

1st question how strong lights should i have

2nd am i better ading the clowns first or the anemones

can anmeones be near each other

thanks scott

If you are setting up a new tank for anemones you should use clean seawater and not old water from another tank.

Don’t mix different species of clownfish because they fight and kill each other.

You can keep several types of anemone in the same tank but most will fight if they come in contact with each other. Therefore unless the tank is big, I would only keep one type of anemone. You can have a number of the same species, but make sure they have their own space.
You need enough light to keep the colour in them. The amount of light you need will depend on how big the tank is, and how long the lights are going to be on. But you need similar lighting for anemones or corals.

You can add fish and anemones at the same time as long as the tank has cycled. However, if you add the anemones first, then leave them to settle down for a month before adding the fish, it will be a bit better for them.

If yo have powerheads/ power filters on the tank, then put a sponge over the intake to prevent the anemones getting sucked up.

No Nem should be kept in a new set-up, the tank should be at least six - eight months old. Lighting is different for different Nems and yes if you put lots of different species in a tank you will have warfare :crazy:

so, you need to do a lot more reserach whilst your tank is maturing - which is half the fun of keeping a salty tank imho :good:

Take a look at the link below, the site owner keeps bubbletip Roses and really knows her stuff :nod:

[URL="http://www.karensroseanemones.com/"]http://www.karensroseanemones.com/[/URL]

Seffie x

:fish:

hi every1

did all my water changes today added the old water from the other reef aquariums and added 3" of fresh saltwater i have got 4 diffrent types of clowns in a breeding tank they get have all growen up so i have added 2 bubble anemones and all the other clowns

thanks scott

this annoys me greatly, seffie and colin put loads of time into their replies, and just remember for them to have been able to answer your question they have done research before hand for their own tanks.

so not only have you ignored their advice, youve wasted their time to :angry:

i wouldnt be suprised if you dont get help again.

i wish you the very best of luck because you are going to need it! the chances of you killing a lot of stock is high, and if the nems fight and one dies, you can kiss your tank good bye

rant over :angry:

There are reasons that colin and seffie gave the advice they did. This was to stop your tank getting nuked again.

Cannot understand why good advice is blatantly ignored.

Hi

(1 thing i did not ignore there advice) because i went in both lfs and they said it was ok to take the water out from other tanks i have acclimatised and they are looking really good today my m8s have done it also before and the water came from my tanks

so what makes you think it is not going to work

Hi

(1 thing i did not ignore there advice) because i went in both lfs and they said it was ok to take the water out from other tanks i have acclimatised and they are looking really good today
you added all the nems and clowns into one tank!!! thats about 80% of the advice ignored

We are not talking about the water, we are talking about haveing anemones in immature tanks, cause despite having mature water, the tank is way from mature.

Mixing the clownfish is not advised either.

oh i have put all the other clowns in not done that yet i put all the commen clown in thats only 6 and that the only clowns that are going in that one i want them to breed

the other tanks have been set up

reef tank 1 (2 years )
fish only tank (8 months )
reef tank 2 (11)months
reef tank 3 (9 months 0
fish only (1 year and 2 months )
coral tank only no fish (3 years )

so how can that be immature water

Taking advice from LFS unless you have checked on here first and got replies that say it is ok is very very risky. All they want is your money, they don't care if it goes T**s up.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back