Anemone Id Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rob_cool1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My Anemone's have turned up today :D woop! i would just like to know what species they are as they were quite cheap and i'm hoping they weren't ones from the beach!

One is a nice a purple and the other one is brown :L

They haven't opened out fully as they haven't been in there for long 

IMAG1300.jpg

627959cd-d8d4-4927-83c8-3a49e9c7cb4c.jpg

The body on the purple one is about 2 inches and the brown one is about 1 inch, how big will they both be when fully opened? 

Now just hope that the clownfish will like them haha

Cheers
Rob

I don't know what type they are but I do know they are quite hard to care for, Mature tank and clean water/water stats. :p

Ive looked on another forum with people buying them from the same persona and apparently they are from the british coast, what shall i do with them? shal i see if they'll be ok or shall i take them out and throw them back into the sea? i dont really want them to ruin my tank with their toxins or anything
confused.gif

Ive taken them out now due to them being predatory and a risk to my fish
sad.png

Hopefully they havent caused any damage :(

Interesting. What were they sold as, and through what route? Might be a call to trading standards is in order.

Could be Actinia fragacea (strawberry) and A. equina (beadlet), but it's hard to tell for sure without seeing them open.

shal i see if they'll be ok or shall i take them out and throw them back into the sea?

NO, absolutely not. If you had personally collected them and not exposed them to anything except stuff collected from the area it would be different, but you don't know what microscopic stuff they've been exposed to and invasive marine stuff can get introduced at that level. If you need to unload them (anemones in a brand new tank is a pretty big no-no), they should go to either a LFS or another hobbyist.

Also, I've moved this to the saltwater inverts sub-forum. I missed that it was in chat earlier today.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back