Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
C938B50F-E07A-414F-B815-9C91B9F47D27.jpeg
Hello. Summer is here in the us and i think my sword plabt has a flowe
Also am i planting my anacharis right?
i had a wild one and it grew a bit so i propogated it, and tried rooting...
FFD0E8DD-9330-4B4D-8E57-11CBE8DEC263.jpeg

Summer is here in the us and i think my sword plabt has a flowe

Sort of. Echinodorus (the sword plants) are marsh or bog plants. Some species live permanently emersed with the roots in very moist "soil," and some live six months emersed and six months submersed, which is why they make such lovely aquarium plants. All species will produce an inflorescence once settled, if conditions are to their liking, and this is the spike you see on the plant in the first photo.

This species is Echinodorus grisebachii, var. bleherae [may still be identified as E. bleherae but phylogenetic analysis proves it is a variety of E. grisebachii]. This species will only produce flowers along the inflorescence when grown emersed; when grown permanently submersed as here, adventitious plants will form from the nodes along the inflorescence, often two or three per node. They can be left, or removed when larger (with roots 2-3 inches long) and planted as new plants.

Sort of. Echinodorus (the sword plants) are marsh or bog plants. Some species live permanently emersed with the roots in very moist "soil," and some live six months emersed and six months submersed, which is why they make such lovely aquarium plants. All species will produce an inflorescence once settled, if conditions are to their liking, and this is the spike you see on the plant in the first photo.

This species is Echinodorus grisebachii, var. bleherae [may still be identified as E. bleherae but phylogenetic analysis proves it is a variety of E. grisebachii]. This species will only produce flowers along the inflorescence when grown emersed; when grown permanently submersed as here, adventitious plants will form from the nodes along the inflorescence, often two or three per node. They can be left, or removed when larger (with roots 2-3 inches long) and planted as new plants.
that is crazy!!
thank you
will update

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back