Anacharis is very thin

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I recently added some mew anarcharis into my tank and it has been growing realley fast but some of it is not growing as bushy and thick.

16008193039075276174922069308830.jpg

Some of the pieces are bushy and some arent as you can see in the picture. I dose the tank with fertilizer. Am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated.

Looks like you've got some algea on the leaves. If there's enough algea on the leaves, it may be unable to absorb light.

What are you fertilizing with? What fish are in the tank? What light do you have?

Anacharis is one of the most undemanding plants you'll find.

I have turned down the amount of hours of light to remove algae and I have a hood light at the top but I dont know how many watts. I use thrive all in one fertilizer. Im just confused on why some of it is growing thick stems but other are not. Do they look thin to you? Could it be that the stems are too long and the plant is not getting enough nutrients to produce strong new growth. The stems are long and go from one side of the tank to the other but I like them to make cover for the fish. Can anarcharis be to long?

My anarcharis was over 3 feet long, but after awhile it started to die, plants only live so long. It made a nice arch from one side to the other of my 55 gallon tank and lasted about 8 months. I was able to save some and I am starting my anarcharis forest over again.

Attachments

• GEDC1298.JPG
    GEDC1298.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 49

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back