An important discovery

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I do a kitty version with the random sock.
Cut off the foot part, fill with catnip, tie it on both ends. Major freak out. Bisquit and Nougat really go to town.

I like that idea, will do that for my black cat, Becker, and will actually use my current pair of sock am actually wearing right now as it’s got a nice big hole on the big toe! :lol:

giphy.gif

Got my Mr Clean Magic Eraser pads, got them from Amazon, not expensive, only a few quid ;)

Quite suitably impressed, it looks to be a very dense type of sponge that will pick up the smallest of dirt/algae/debris from glass imho.

I think I can see why this will work nicely for our tank glass cleaning, much better quality imo than the usual cheap yellow sponges that you get from supermarkets.

Can't wait to try this out when I finally have my tanks up and running, thanks for the recommendation Mr @WhistlingBadger, not that I want algae in the first place I hasten to add! :lol:
55192AF5-3619-4A63-8E97-B94AC8D9A3B2.jpeg
50DAE3FF-F31C-475C-A5EC-67160D6A0843.jpeg

I do a kitty version with the random sock.
Cut off the foot part, fill with catnip, tie it on both ends. Major freak out. Bisquit and Nougat really go to town.

Just done this with old pair of Callum’s socks! :lol:

You ain’t getting this! It’s mine!!!!!
A717BBC1-83DD-45BD-8FD1-88FC64274331.jpeg
9DB8B5F2-B2C1-454A-8ACF-4AE0D9B6E7E4.jpeg

The other day, I mentioned using an old credit card for removing algae from glass. (Being a well-liked teacher who doesn't drink much coffee, I always seem to have several unused starbucks gift cards floating around; they work great, too)

Anyway. Someone in another forum mentioned Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads, the ones with no chemicals, so I finally got some and tried them out tonight. Oh my word. These things just flat erase algae. They even erase it from the scratches in the glass. They remove it from the corners without harming the silicone. I think I'll keep a starbucks card around for removing black brush algae, because nothing else really works on a bad BBA infestation.

But for the normal black/green glass crud? Mr. Clean Erasers all the way, baby!
I use them too. I wonder if they affect the water at all?

I found a box of magic erasers in my cleaning press. Use it to scrub the inside of 58L tank when I was changing gravel to sand today. Got a lot of algae off the glass super easy.

Just be careful with magic eraser, it is an abrasive... it is effectively acting like fine sandpaper so if you find yourself scrubbing you are scratching for sure!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back