An important discovery

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

A cleaning agent may not be good if it gets into the fish. May be fine for cleaning an empty tank, but I wouldnt chance it with fish in the tank. It might be fine for cleaning the lid from calcium deposits if rinsed afterwards.

I have used magic eraser, but not on the inside of my running fish tank. The more you use it, the more it disintegrates.

Last edited:
Magic erasers:
but doesnt some of the eraser material dissolve into the tank water? That can’t be good. I just use a long handled algae scraper on my glass tank. I wouldnt use the one I have on plexiglass as it would scratch it.
That was my thought too. I use a piece of paper towel. I get the soft algae off and I don't worry about the crustier types. If you have to use something more aggressive use a Scotch Brite pad and keep it for just that purpose. There's something not quite right about those Mr. Clean erasers. Better yet, and best of all, is the regular algae scraper like @Fishmanic is talking about. It allows you to stand back a bit and see past the glare on the glass and get it all off.

I started using a gift card/credit card when I had a bad black brush infestation. A nylon scrubber would scratch the glass before it took that off. Nasty stuff. A plastic card takes it right off, though, and doesn't hurt the glass.

The Eraser doesn't have any cleaning chemicals in it. It's just a synthetic sponge. Totally non-toxic. Fact-check me! :)

I started using a gift card/credit card when I had a bad black brush infestation. A nylon scrubber would scratch the glass before it took that off. Nasty stuff. A plastic card takes it right off, though, and doesn't hurt the glass.

The Eraser doesn't have any cleaning chemicals in it. It's just a synthetic sponge. Totally non-toxic. Fact-check me! :)

Good grief
Chinese fraudsters used melamine to make milk and infant formula appear to have a higher protein content, killing six babies and making nearly 300,000 others sick. Two of the perpetrators were executed.

Honestly, I got into a tiff with my friend over those. Where does everything go? I quoted Mr. Einstein about the nature of matter and she laughed.
I was serious.
You dont really wash them, but it gets smaller and the smudges go away...
But where to...

Honestly, I got into a tiff with my friend over those. Where does everything go? I quoted Mr. Einstein about the nature of matter and she laughed.
I was serious.
You dont really wash them, but it gets smaller and the smudges go away...
But where to...
The same place as all the missing socks in the world?

When my socks are more holes than sock, they don't get disposed of until then, I tie them together and the dog gets a new pull toy.
I do a kitty version with the random sock.
Cut off the foot part, fill with catnip, tie it on both ends. Major freak out. Bisquit and Nougat really go to town.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back