FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
The other day, I mentioned using an old credit card for removing algae from glass. (Being a well-liked teacher who doesn't drink much coffee, I always seem to have several unused starbucks gift cards floating around; they work great, too)

Anyway. Someone in another forum mentioned Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads, the ones with no chemicals, so I finally got some and tried them out tonight. Oh my word. These things just flat erase algae. They even erase it from the scratches in the glass. They remove it from the corners without harming the silicone. I think I'll keep a starbucks card around for removing black brush algae, because nothing else really works on a bad BBA infestation.

But for the normal black/green glass crud? Mr. Clean Erasers all the way, baby!

The other day, I mentioned using an old credit card for removing algae from glass. (Being a well-liked teacher who doesn't drink much coffee, I always seem to have several unused starbucks gift cards floating around; they work great, too)

Anyway. Someone in another forum mentioned Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads, the ones with no chemicals, so I finally got some and tried them out tonight. Oh my word. These things just flat erase algae. They even erase it from the scratches in the glass. They remove it from the corners without harming the silicone. I think I'll keep a starbucks card around for removing black brush algae, because nothing else really works on a bad BBA infestation.

But for the normal black/green glass crud? Mr. Clean Erasers all the way, baby!
What does the "Other forum" have that we don't?

What does the "Other forum" have that we don't?

Facebook forums have these and we don’t -

Terrible advice.......
Angry rants......
Trolling....

To name but a few things ;)

To be fair I think this is one of the friendliest forums around with usually pretty decent advice, ahem, not that I frequent other forums :whistle:

Facebook forums have these and we don’t -

Terrible advice.......
Angry rants......
Trolling....

To name but a few things ;)

To be fair I think this is one of the friendliest forums around with usually pretty decent advice, ahem, not that I frequent other forums :whistle:
I joined one FB group, not one comment was made on an bare empty community tank with a Male Betta, just love reacts, and I got told off by an admin for giving advice on a bacterial bloom. Only Admins were allowed to give advice...........so I quietly left after 6 hours.

I joined one FB group, not one comment was made on an bare empty community tank with a Male Betta, just love reacts, and I got told off by an admin for giving advice on a bacterial bloom. Only Admins were allowed to give advice...........so I quietly left after 6 hours.

Whats the point of that?

Thats not a forum, thats a dictatorship!

Whats the point of that?

Thats not a forum, thats a dictatorship!
Part of my "telling off" appears to be that I didn't "mansplain" things in the 1st instance and that lead to some questions, would be a fairly toxic place if you assumed everyone knew nothing everytime you tried to help. (Though in this instance the person needed O2 exchange explained and didn't even know what an airstone was, so maybe there was some point being made.)
Oh and external links were an instaban..........though their fishless cycle guide could of been lifted directly from here.

OK, yeah, there are other forums, and none of them can possibly be as good as we are. :) I used to hang out at another aquarium forum, and had a lot of good friends there. But after several years of server issues and admin neglect, it pretty much dried up and blew away. I wasn't really trying to start a "bash other forums" thread; I only mentioned it to say that this wasn't my idea.

But...algae removal. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads. Seriously.

OK, yeah, there are other forums, and none of them can possibly be as good as we are. :) I used to hang out at another aquarium forum, and had a lot of good friends there. But after several years of server issues and admin neglect, it pretty much dried up and blew away. I wasn't really trying to start a "bash other forums" thread; I only mentioned it to say that this wasn't my idea.

But...algae removal. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads. Seriously.

Heh, thats fine, was just conversing is all, as long as we don't actually name the forums or provide links to them, then its fine.

But as for the Mr Clean Eraser pads, I have actually already added these onto my basket wish list on my Amazon account to purchase with other various bits of kit I'll need to get before I set up my new tank :good:

But as for the Mr Clean Eraser pads, I have actually already added these onto my basket wish list on my Amazon account to purchase with other various bits of kit I'll need to get before I set up my new tank :good:
You've already heard about them eh? And where might you have heard about said eraser pads prior to WB's reveal?:sly:

You've already heard about them eh? And where might you have heard about said eraser pads prior to WB's reveal?:sly:

Never said I've heard of them before :huh:

Thats what I meant, from his link in his earlier post, was meant to be complimentary to WB hence the thumbs up to him.....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back