An Illustrated Article to the Bichir - Folio #1

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Wow this was an awesome read! I love bichirs and wish I had the tank space in my house to accommodate but unfortunately I donā€™t. Nevertheless, fascinating read :)

Markings look accurate, but again without light it is hard to telll. Iā€™ve found that my Palmas is the fattest of the bunch, even though he doesnā€™t eat much.

It's even harder for me to find him with the lights on, there are so many hiding places in the tank. I hope he's a short body, kind of feels like owning a munchkin cat in a bichir sort of way.

Get the fish comfortable with you. Sit with lights on for 10 minutes or so and you will see him

They're definitely comfortable with me, because during the mornings when there are lights coming in from outside, when I come to the tank they come around. It's just when I have the lights are on, they start to hide

My ghost shrimps came in the mail yesterday and I fed some to my baby bichirs, it's pretty fascinating to watch them eat. At first with their slow movement I didn't think they would be able to catch any at all, but they do creep up slowly onto the shrimps. Then they strike so fast and within a second, the shrimp is already in the bichir's mouth.

It looks like we have a hitchiker here... But seriously this face reminds me of a bulldog
IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back