Amount of fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

ClaireG

Reaction score
So my tank has now been up and running for 6 weeks.. I have had 6 Zebra Danios in the tank for just over 2 weeks now and added 2 honey gourami and 3 coreys 5 days ago. All good so far! My tank is 125 litres which is approx 30 gallons in US measurements I think. Iā€™m planning to let it settle now for a few more weeks... maybe 3? Then I would like to add a pleco, maybe 3/4 guppies and a few shrimp. The question is twofold really.. first would I be okay with shrimp with those fish and second is that amount of fish acceptable? Picture of tank with fish for reference!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 46
So my tank has now been up and running for 6 weeks.. I have had 6 Zebra Danios in the tank for just over 2 weeks now and added 2 honey gourami and 3 coreys 5 days ago. All good so far! My tank is 125 litres which is approx 30 gallons in US measurements I think. Iā€™m planning to let it settle now for a few more weeks... maybe 3? Then I would like to add a pleco, maybe 3/4 guppies and a few shrimp. The question is twofold really.. first would I be okay with shrimp with those fish and second is that amount of fish acceptable? Picture of tank with fish for reference!
the photo may have not posted..
you should add a bnp because it is not huge. i would rather not hav guppies since overstocking and that they are opposite hardness and ph.
shrimp is fine..
id rather not add pleco since though bnps are small, plecs are still plecs.
maybe add a few more cories...

Should be fine, but the gouramis could possibly feast on the shrimp...I've had some eat them, and some completely ignore them...just don't know until you try

Whatā€™s a bnp? Is that a bristlenose pleco? I like those!
yes! but mind they need like 25g ( i heard from someone) i think they need 55 but my opinion :/
according to some people right now with a bristle it might overstock...

the photo may have not posted..
you should add a bnp because it is not huge. i would rather not hav guppies since overstocking and that they are opposite hardness and ph.
shrimp is fine..
id rather not add pleco since though bnps are small, plecs are still plecs.
maybe add a few more cories...
Do you think no more fish apart from maybe the bnp and shrimp then for stocking levels?

Do you think no more fish apart from maybe the bnp and shrimp then for stocking levels?
i really do not know, but let it settle and stabilize and shrimp is totally fine...
maybe a plec and some more cories.... they like to be in groups in larger tanks

I would suggest waiting a few more months, letting your tank age and continue colonizing good bacteria. My 29 gallon has given me issues with water parameter consistency since I set it up 6 weeks ago and stocked about as much as you.

Everybody's tank is different though. Maybe get the bottom feeder now if you are eager and if enough food is compiling at the bottom.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back