Amono Shrimp Pregnant

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

alexbinge

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys i have got 2 feamle amono shrimps with eggs and i have come to the desicion i would like to try and let the babbies survive. I have been told i have to put salt in the water but thats all i know so could any onw help.

Hi guys i have got 2 feamle amono shrimps with eggs and i have come to the desicion i would like to try and let the babbies survive. I have been told i have to put salt in the water but thats all i know so could any onw help.
if the shrimp are in a tank with fish i would remove them before she stops caring for them once she stops they are on their own and most likely become fish food as for the salt my shrimp do fine in just plain ol freshwater.

if the shrimp are in a tank with fish i would remove them before she stops caring for them once she stops they are on their own and most likely become fish food as for the salt my shrimp do fine in just plain ol freshwater.

have you got amono shrimps ?

i have about 30 of them i may have just gotten luckly but last month i notice about 6 or 7 small shrimp if i where you i would play it safe and add salt but for me somehow i manged to get a few babies

Amano shrimp larvae do not survive long in freshwater. Well, technically, about 1 in 10,000 amano shrimp will survive from their larval form and grow into adults which to me means 0 chance of success.

Check out the following link if you wish to raise some amano babies. You will likely have a very high death rate but I wish you much success :good:

http://www.planetinverts.com/Amano%20Shrimp.html

Amano shrimp larvae do not survive long in freshwater. Well, technically, about 1 in 10,000 amano shrimp will survive from their larval form and grow into adults which to me means 0 chance of success.

Check out the following link if you wish to raise some amano babies. You will likely have a very high death rate but I wish you much success :good:

http://www.planetinverts.com/Amano%20Shrimp.html

thank you verry much i will let you know how it goes

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back