Ammonia Testing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Me too! In the gravel tank (others are sand) I use ceramic rings to wedge stem plants in so they can't float away.
I never thought of this, I'll give this a try as it makes my other tank look so messy with all the roots lifting out. I'll have to do this in the puffer tank too as I got some chunky purple glass gravel, looks real pretty but it's not user friendly! Thanks for the help, hopefully in a few weeks I will be sorted.

One of my puffers is so greedy, it keeps coming over to the tank front, sure they will be ok with only feeding twice a week, feel a bit mean when it clearly is wanting me to drop the blood worms 😅🪱 **feed me, feed me** is all I can see, they are unbelievably sweet 😍

One of my puffers is so greedy, it keeps coming over to the tank front, sure they will be ok with only feeding twice a week, feel a bit mean when it clearly is wanting me to drop the blood worms 😅🪱 **feed me, feed me** is all I can see, they are unbelievably sweet 😍
Food in = ammonia out, and ammonia is deadly. However live foods are better than frozen/ dried as there is no waste. Snails for example don't add to the bioload so will only contribute to the ammonia levels once eaten (and excreted).
You could change the water about 4 hours after feeding to reduce the effects. And don't look at those puppy-dog puffer eyes!! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back