Ammonia Reducing Filter Pad

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

giants1249er

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone uses this to decrease ammonia in their tanks and does it really work. What else is recommended to decrease ammonia? Thanks for any advice.

probably need to give us a link to the item in question or at least describe it more fully. I've never heard of it before, though I have a few ideas of what it could be.

probably need to give us a link to the item in question or at least describe it more fully. I've never heard of it before, though I have a few ideas of what it could be.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754124

THE CUT-TO-FIT™ AMMONIA FILTER is filled with a special ammonia-grabbing resin that pulls ammonia from the water. The Ammonia filter pad helps control the toxins associated with a new aquarium, overfeeding, and overcrowding. For use in all types of filters in fresh and saltwater aquariums, as well as ponds.

having a healty bacteria colony will do this for you, costs $0, and takes no extra maintenance besides doing your regular filter clean.

if your current filter is inadequate or not cycled you should address the problem rather than adding an ammonia satchel.

having a healty bacteria colony will do this for you, costs $0, and takes no extra maintenance besides doing your regular filter clean.

besides having the cycle completed, what would be a successful way of adding a healthy dose of bacteria to the tank? :huh:

besides having the cycle completed, what would be a successful way of adding a healthy dose of bacteria to the tank? :huh:

taking some media from an established tank
or using a bacterial supplement such as stability to accelerate the cycling process

if your tank is new and not cycled you should read up on cycling so you understand the process you need to go through before stocking your tank with a significant load of fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back