Ammonia is zero?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have now as a result of significant growth over the last year and a few months, now have very large mossballs in my one gallon aquarium.Despite there being a lot of snails, and despite not changin gthe water for about 2 weeks, I have zero amoni level according to my amonia test kit. is this normal? Theres 7 moss balls little under the size of a fist each.

A cycled aquarium should always have 0ppm Ammonia.

Your nitrates will eat up nitrites which eat up ammonia. That’s why it is called a cycle. A healthy tank should never show ammonia or nitrites and your job is to keep nitrates low by water changes.

Cycled aquarium always have 0 Ammonia, that’s because there are Nitrosomonas bact that converts Ammonia to Nitrite and Nitrobacter bact converts Nitrite to Nitrate, that’s why there’s only Nitrate in a cycled tank.

It's bacteria which eat ammonia and poop out nitrite; then more bacteria eat nitrite and poop out nitrate. Nitrate doesn't eat nitrite.; nitrite doesn't eat ammonia.

It's bacteria which eat ammonia and poop out nitrite; then more bacteria eat nitrite and poop out nitrate. Nitrate doesn't eat nitrite.; nitrite doesn't eat ammonia.
I knew someone would correct me. Thank you. I couldn’t think of the right word...bacteria. God, I’m getting old. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back