American food

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Visit a Chinese restaurant and get chicken or beef chow mien, fried rice, spring rolls and prawn crackers.

Get a Hawaiian pizza (ham & pineapple) and have green capsicum (peppers) diced up and sprinkled over it.

Hamburger or steak burger with the works (salad, egg, cheese, bacon, pineapple, beetroot, etc). Or ham and salad roll with the works.

Go nuts and try different food.
German apple strudel.
Jam and cream on white bread.
Fairy bread - white bread with butter and hundreds & thousands sprinkled over it.
Canned tuna in olive oil on sun dried tomatoe and basil rice crackers, with char grilled capsicum and sun dried tomatoes.
Cheese on rice crackers melted in the oven.
Chocolate and peanuts (or peanut butter).
Chocolate on marshmallows.
Fruit flans - shortbread base with custard on the bottom, fruit above and covered in fruit flavored jelly (not jam but actual jelly), then left to set.
Old fashioned icecream cake from the 60s & 70s made from icecream and frozen cream.

Variety is the spice of life, quite literally. The more variety of food we eat, the more variety of good bacteria we have in our intestines. Not to mention the more flavors we are exposed to.
The more places we visit and the more people we meet, the more our brains have to work.

Go out and meet, greet and eat. Try new foods and live life to the fullest. The least you get is food poisoning, at best you find something you enjoy eating.

Eat for those who can't due to food intolerances.

I found that the best bet in England is to stick to lamb, fish and chips, Cadbury chocolate, and all the wonderful stuff served at tea time. Load up on that stuff and try to hold out until you get to Scotland, a nation which has a much better grasp on the food concept. :) I once asked a waiter at a restaurant in Sutherland to compliment the cook on a fine steak, and we got to talking Scottish vs. English food. "Aye," he said. "Give an Englishman a steak, and he'll boil it." :lol:

@AdoraBelle Dearheart American pancakes are interesting. People either have the gift or they don't. Mine are merely OK, but my father-in-law's are a work of art.

If you ever make it to the west, find a dude ranch (I believe "working guest ranch" is the modern preferred term) and go to work! I hear it's pretty fun. I'm no horseman, but I've done just enough ranch work to know that I'd rather spend the time fishing. :lol:

We're pretty limited on "foreign" foods here; we have a decent Mexican restaurant, but that's hardly foreign. Whenever I hit a bigger city, I try to find a Nepalese/Tibetan restaurant. There's a good one in Salt Lake City. Beef momos, sweet Naan, and mango lassi. 😋 I have to travel out of state to get food like that. Someday I hope to travel to the Himalayas and get the real thing.

You should pull your stetson over your face in shame, young man! I thought all Texas men were born in the saddle ;) :lol:
Just as examples, Western style riding:

English style (skip to 6:30 to see the English style riding and skip all the waffle vlog nonsense and hair flipping)
Not gonna lie I have a mild fear of horses , I mean there complete unit of an animal and I always feel like there looking at me like I had one two many Tesco lasagna all them years ago lol I dunno I treat a horse like a silver back gorilla be submissive and don’t look it or the eye ahaha

Not gonna lie I have a mild fear of horses , I mean there complete unit of an animal and I always feel like there looking at me like I had one two many Tesco lasagna all them years ago lol I dunno I treat a horse like a silver back gorilla be submissive and don’t look it or the eye ahaha

I did snort laugh at the Tesco lasagna line! :lol: While I really love horses and I'm not afraid of them myself, I completely understand and respect why others may be nervous about them. Even those who aren't afraid should have a healthy respect and awareness that they're a powerful animal that can spook, and can easily kill you with a single kick to the head. While they're not usually actively trying to kill a human, anyone working closely with them should always be aware of the potential dangers.

Makes much more sense than my irrational fear of spiders!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back