American food

I envy American food, the most extravagant food we get here in northern England is a Parmo

Google it lol
My wife’s from Durham .... strange people up there ahaha it seems like garlic mayo is the only sauce available and cheese , only time iv ever saw a human eat cheese chips and garlic mayo has been in the toon

I envy American food, the most extravagant food we get here in northern England is a Parmo

Google it lol
parmo = cheese on meat.
we had more than that on our hamburgers as kids. Hamburger with the works (lettuce, cheese, beetroot, sauce, mayo, onion, gherkins, egg, and whatever else was in the house).

My wife’s from Durham .... strange people up there ahaha it seems like garlic mayo is the only sauce available and cheese , only time iv ever saw a human eat cheese chips and garlic mayo has been in the toon
I live very close to Durham, strange people we are indeed.

My wife for tea tonight had curly fries with fish fingers, cheese melted on top with sweet garlic Mayo lol

parmo = cheese on meat.
we had more than that on our hamburgers as kids. Hamburger with the works (lettuce, cheese, beetroot, sauce, mayo, onion, gherkins, egg, and whatever else was in the house).
Our parmo is basically a Pizza But instead of dough it’s chicken. I love a parmo with bolognaise and sweetcorn

All right, howling prejudice time - but in spite of watching a zillion British Baking Show episodes, the only great food I ever had in England was cooked by people from India. It was heaven. But I can see why American food would look great.
My experience of American food was there was a lot of it. Gigantic edible objects. Some of the southern cooking I tried in Louisiana was really disappointing. It sounded so cool. Everyone around me was oohing and ahhing at the biscuits and gravy, but it was bland. I haven't sucked the heads off crawfish though. That doesn't appeal, somehow.

Canada has good desserts and heart stopping fast food. Plus we have Greek, Italian., Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Thai and a few other cuisines that have wandered in and saved us from ourselves....

All right, howling prejudice time - but in spite of watching a zillion British Baking Show episodes, the only great food I ever had in England was cooked by people from India. It was heaven. But I can see why American food would look great.
Gotta find a decent home cook, rather than bland pub food ;) We're pretty good with our cheeses and ales, but otherwise yep, we're not a country known for our cuisine! Come visit us for the history and architecture ;)
Plus we have Greek, Italian., Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Thai and a few other cuisines that have wandered in and saved us from ourselves....
I mean, we do have those restaurants/takeaways available here too! We're lucky to have some fantastic people from India cooking amazing food here, but while I love it, Thai food is my favourite! Just a few less Thai restaurants than Indian or Macdonalds ;)

@Guyb93 totally agree, I'd love to try a real, properly made gumbo! Just because of what I've seen and read, absolutely mouthwatering. And attended a crab and/or crawdad broil!

But I've also warned American friends that while I wanna visit all the natural parks and hope to spot a cougar (while not being mauled or eaten, ideally) that I also really want to visit an IHOP, Waffle house, and a proper Walmart... lol. American pancakes are weird, but I want to give them a proper try! I prefer crepes, but haven't been in the US to try them properly, freshly made, so I wanna be fair! It's weird the random cultural things that stick in your mind from TV shows and movies, eh?

Oh, and I want to spend some time helping on a real working ranch. Get to be a cowgirl for a while. Although I only know how to ride a horse English style, not Western, which is a completely different saddle and posture, reins etc, so riding English style across a Wyoming or Texas ranch would only look weird, and lead to a very confused horse, eh, @Slaphppy7 and @WhistlingBadger ? ;):lol:

Oh, and I want to spend some time helping on a real working ranch. Get to be a cowgirl for a while. Although I only know how to ride a horse English style, not Western, which is a completely different saddle and posture, reins etc, so riding English style across a Wyoming or Texas ranch would only look weird, and lead to a very confused horse, eh, @Slaphppy7 and @WhistlingBadger ? ;):lol:
Um....if you rode like that, I would claim that I don't know you

LOL, just kidding....to be perfectly honest, I've only been "on" a horse maybe 3 times my entire life...and all as a kid, lol

Um....if you rode like that, I would claim that I don't know you

LOL, just kidding....to be perfectly honest, I've only been "on" a horse maybe 3 times my entire life...and all as a kid, lol
You should pull your stetson over your face in shame, young man! I thought all Texas men were born in the saddle ;) :lol:
Just as examples, Western style riding:

English style (skip to 6:30 to see the English style riding and skip all the waffle vlog nonsense and hair flipping)

I guess I'm a real odd duck. Food ? I could take it or leave it. I like cheap white bread and I could eat that all day long washed down with cup after cup of plain Lipton tea. I could have plain oatmeal every morning and never complain. All you really have to do is get full. A nice steak every so often is good but it's expensive. I've wondered if a guy could live entirely off Tater Tots and Ramen Noodles. All eating is is something you have to do , like breathing and sleeping. Most of the people in the world get a bowl of rice and are glad to have it.

I was talking today about a past trip to Theodore Roosevelt national park in North Dakota. What an amazing place. The US system of national parks is an incredible treasure, even better than pancakes. I hope you guys treasure them.
I have never been on a horse. I doubt any horse would appreciate me, since i would have no clue what to do.

I might live in America but I dont just eat Amercan food. I also love Italian, Chinese, and Thai food—all readily available in my area.

The bread pudding I had at the Connaught was to die for......
We had to walk up a few flights to get whitebait. Nasty idea that tastes great.
And where else in the world can you eat at a restaurant in a structure originally built in the 1600s? (A day trip to Eton and Windsor Castle.)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back